About the President


Sr. Imelda A. Mora, OSA, Ph.D.

President

LCUP OSA Sisters

Sr. Victoria Gan, OSA

Community Coordinator

Sr. Angelina Bernardo, OSA

Apostolate of Presence

Sr. Desiana B. Egalan, OSA

BSE student / Econome

Sr. Mylen Ebrada, OSA

Community Treasurer

Alvin V. Nuqui, Ph.D.

EVP/VPAA and Dean of Graduate School

Board of Trustees


Misson, Vision, and Goals

Vision

La Consolacion University Philippines aspires to become an academic leader recognized for innovative and quality instruction, research-oriented higher education institution in the international community and exemplar in providing sustainable outreach services to the poor.  

Mission

The core mission of the University is to promote learning in the Augustinian - Marian tradition and the values necessary to be men and women of wisdom and compassion. The University will distinguish itself as a diverse, socially responsible learning community sustained by a faith that does justice through unity, charity and truth. As a Catholic institution of higher learning and convinced of the primacy of Love, LCUP assumes the responsibility of consistently serving and caring for God’s people regardless of their color, creed and culture.  The missionary mandate of LCUP is to provide transformative education among the Augustinian community of friends through formation and discipleship and development of world - class graduates and professionals.

Institutional Goals

  • To provide basic and higher formal and innovative education programs that are nationalist/ globalist in character and responsive to international standards of responsive excellence;
  • To generate and diffuse knowledge in the  broad range of disciplines relevant and receptive to the  dynamically changing domestic and international environment;
  • To broaden the access of deserving and qualified students to higher education opportunities;
  • To optimize the social, institutional and individual returns and benefits derived from theutilization of higher education resources;
  • To develop and maintain the integrity of the professions or disciplines that will provide steward leaders for the nation; 
  • To promote the Marian – Augustinian culture of commitment to charity, action, contemplation, and bias towards the service of the church to the poor and marginalized, and the promotion of justice and peace, creation spirituality and gender equality.
  •  

BRIEF HISTORY OF THE LA CONSOLACION UNIVERSITY PHILIPPINES

 

Early Beginning - 1937-1945

   The La Consolacion University Philippines, formerly University of Regina Carmeli, and Colegio de Nuestra Señora del Carmen, is a coeducational Catholic school established and administered by the Augustinian Sisters of Our Lady of Consolation (ASOLC).  The school was established in 1937 when Doña Estefania del Rosario Vda. de Jacinto, a sister of Mother Catalina de Jesus, OSA, donated a property for the education of the children of poor families in Barasoain.  At that time, it was then the only educational institution in the locality.

In May 1937, five Augustinian Sisters with Sor Encarnacion delos Remedios as the Superior took charge of the school when it was formally opened.  In June 1937, the school was blessed and dedicated to Our Lady of Mt.Carmel, Patroness of the Parish of Barasoain, Malolos.

Early Childhood Education and Elementary courses were initially offered.  In 1940, three special vocational courses were opened: typing, stenography and dressmaking.  The outbreak of World War II forced the closure of the school.  However, upon the insistence of the Japanese occupation forces, the school re-opened and the secondary course was offered.

The operation of the school was temporarily put on hold with the arrival of the    American liberation forces in 1945.  However, the school reopened later that year.  This time, new  college courses were added to the school’s curriculum.

  1950-1984

  In 1950, a two-year course for elementary education was offered.  The teaching staff was composed of the intellectuals of the community.

In 1954, a new and better building was constructed.  This time, the sisters concentrated their efforts in strengthening and expanding the Elementary and High School Departments.  This they did by giving up the College Department and special vocational courses retaining only   stenography and typing.

Enrollment continued to increase in the succeeding years.  The quality of instruction dramatically improved owing to the constant entry of qualified teaching force.  Campus discipline was also strictly enforced; facilities were expanded; and new buildings were constructed.  In 1965, the need was felt to reopen the College Department.  More tertiary level courses were included in the curriculum.  Meanwhile, the school management acquired an additional lot meant for the expansion of the College Campus.

In 1967, the school’s name was changed from Colegio de Nuestra Señora del Carmen to Regina Carmeli College.

In August 1979, RCC adopted the Catholic School System Development (CS-SSD) program.  The Program aimed to promote strongly the formation of personnel, systematize operations and upgrade standards in preparation for the long-range plan of the school for voluntary accreditation.

On August 27, 1984, a solemn ceremony took place to celebrate the laying of the cornerstone of the extension building of Regina Carmeli College on a five-hectare lot at Catmon, Malolos, Bulacan.  The move manifested the desire of the institution to play a more decisive role in the education of the Bulakeños.  By June of 1985, the Catmon Campus was ready for occupancy.  The new campus was blessed and dedicated in a solemn liturgical ceremony on July 4, 1985.

All contents @ Copyright 2017 La Consolacion University Philippines . All rights reserved.
Contact Us at LaconsolacionU@lcup.edu.ph